Welcome to our article discussing the various solutions to fix the frustrating black screen issue on the Acer Aspire 5552.
Common Ways to Fix Acer Aspire 5552 Black Screen
If your Acer Aspire 5552 laptop is experiencing a black screen issue, there are several solutions you can try.
1. Check the power: Make sure your laptop is properly connected to a power source and that the power lights are on.
2. Try a hard reset: Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds to completely shut down the laptop. Then, turn it back on and see if the black screen issue is resolved.
3. Use the FN key: Press the FN key and the power button simultaneously to enter the Startup menu. This may help in resolving the black screen problem.
4. Update BIOS: Visit the Acer website and download the latest BIOS flash utility for your specific laptop model. Follow the instructions provided to update the BIOS, as this may fix the black screen issue.
5. Seek professional help: If none of the above solutions work, consider reaching out to Acer support or taking your laptop to a professional for repair.
Remember to backup your data before attempting any fixes to prevent data loss.
Recovering Lost Data Before Resolving Acer Laptop Monitor Black Screen
To recover lost data before resolving the Acer laptop monitor black screen issue, follow these steps:
1. Start by connecting your Acer laptop to an external monitor or TV. This will allow you to view and access your files.
2. If the external monitor displays your laptop’s screen, use Recoverit or any other data recovery software to retrieve your lost files.
3. If you don’t have access to an external monitor, try using a flashlight to see if the laptop screen is displaying anything. If you can see faint images, it indicates a backlight problem.
4. Another option is to create a bootable USB or CD drive using Windows Boot Genius or similar software. Boot your laptop from this media to access your files.
Remember to backup your recovered data before attempting any fixes for the black screen issue. If these solutions don’t work, it’s recommended to seek professional help or visit Acer forums for further assistance.
Step-by-Step Guide to Fixing Black Screen on Windows 10 After Login
- Disconnect all external devices such as USB drives, printers, and external monitors.
- Remove any recently connected devices that may be causing the black screen issue.
Method 2: Restart Windows Explorer
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager window, click on the “Processes” or “Details” tab.
- Locate and select Windows Explorer from the list of processes.
- Click on the Restart button in the bottom-right corner of the Task Manager window.
Method 3: Boot into Safe Mode
- Press and hold the Shift key while clicking on the Power button in the bottom-right corner of the login screen.
- Select Restart while still holding the Shift key.
- After the computer restarts, you will see the Advanced Startup screen.
- Select Troubleshoot and then Advanced options.
- Choose Startup Settings and click on the Restart button.
- Press the F4 key to boot into Safe Mode.
Method 4: Update Graphics Driver
- Press Windows + X and select Device Manager from the menu.
- In the Device Manager window, expand the Display adapters category.
- Right-click on the graphics driver and select Update driver.
- Choose the option to Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest driver.
Method 5: Run System File Checker
- Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
- In the Command Prompt window, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- Wait for the scanning and repairing process to complete.
- Restart your computer after the process finishes.
Troubleshooting Tips for Resolving Acer Laptop Black Screen
- Check the Power Supply:
- Make sure the power adapter is properly connected to the laptop and the power source.
- Try using a different power outlet or power adapter to rule out any issues with the power supply.
- Perform a Hard Reset:
- Disconnect the power adapter and remove the battery from the laptop.
- Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds to drain any residual power.
- Reconnect the power adapter (without the battery) and turn on the laptop to see if the black screen issue is resolved.
- Check the Display Output:
- Connect an external monitor to the laptop’s VGA or HDMI port.
- Press the appropriate key combination (e.g., Fn + F5) to switch the display output to the external monitor.
- If the external monitor shows a display, it indicates that the problem might be with the laptop’s LCD screen or graphics card.
- Update Graphics Drivers:
- Visit the Acer support website and download the latest graphics drivers for your laptop model.
- Install the downloaded drivers and restart the laptop to see if the black screen issue is resolved.
- Reset BIOS Settings:
- Restart the laptop and continuously press the appropriate key (e.g., F2, Del) to enter the BIOS setup utility.
- Navigate to the “Exit” or “Reset” section and choose the option to reset the BIOS settings to their default values.
- Save the changes and exit the BIOS setup utility.
- Restart the laptop to check if the black screen problem is fixed.
- Perform a System Restore:
- Boot the laptop into Safe Mode by pressing the F8 key repeatedly during startup.
- Select “Safe Mode” from the advanced boot options menu.
- Once in Safe Mode, open the Start menu, type “System Restore,” and select the “System Restore” option.
- Choose a restore point before the black screen issue occurred and follow the on-screen instructions to restore your system.