Discover the solution for the Atikmpag.Sys Videoschedulerinternalerror issue in Advanced Micro Devices Inc. systems with this helpful article.
Understanding the Atikmpag.sys Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Error
The Atikmpag.sys BSOD error is typically caused by a graphics driver issue. To fix it, follow these steps:
1. Download and install Driver Easy.
2. Launch Driver Easy and click Scan Now.
3. Driver Easy will scan your computer and detect any missing or outdated drivers.
4. Click Update next to the graphics driver to install the latest version.
5. Restart your computer and test to see if the issue is resolved.
If the problem persists, try running benchmarks and tests to identify any hardware issues. You can also check the Problem Reports and Solutions and Event Viewer in Windows for more information. The crash dump file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Look for the file path B336522\atikmpag.sys or VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE to identify the issue. Updating the graphics driver or reinstalling the entire product can also solve the problem.
Common Causes of Atikmpag.sys BSOD Error
- Update Graphics Drivers
- Open Device Manager
- Locate Display adapters
- Right-click on your graphics card and select Update driver
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update
- Uninstall Graphics Drivers
- Open Device Manager
- Locate Display adapters
- Right-click on your graphics card and select Uninstall device
- Restart your computer
- Install the latest graphics drivers from the manufacturer’s website
- Disable Automatic Restart
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box
- Type sysdm.cpl and press Enter
- Select the Advanced tab
- Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings
- Uncheck the box next to Automatically restart
- Click OK to save changes
- Update Windows
- Click on the Start menu and select Settings
- Select Update & Security
- Click on Check for Updates
- Install any available updates
- Run System File Checker (SFC) and DISM
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Type sfc /scannow and press Enter
- Wait for the scan to complete
- If errors are found, type dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and press Enter
- Wait for the command to complete
How to Fix Atikmpag.sys BSOD Error
To fix the Atikmpag.sys BSOD error, first, make sure you have the latest version of the graphic driver installed. If not, download and install the latest version from the product website. If the problem persists, try the following steps:
Step 1: Install Driver Easy. Driver Easy is a software that scans your PC for outdated or missing drivers and installs them automatically. Install and run Driver Easy on your PC to update the graphic driver.
Step 2: Check the crash dump file. To do this, go to C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP and check for any corruption or file path errors.
Step 3: Uninstall and reinstall the display driver. Go to C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore and uninstall the display driver. Then, download and reinstall the latest version from the product website.
If you still encounter the blue screen error, try running whocrashed or other diagnostic tests to identify and fix the issue. Remember to update your graphic driver from time to time to avoid any TDR failures in the future.
Solution 1: Update Display and Graphics Drivers
To fix the Atikmpag.Sys Videoschedulerinternalerror, updating display and graphics drivers is the first solution. Follow these steps:
1. Install Driver Easy from their website.
2. Launch Driver Easy and click “Scan Now.”
3. Wait for the scan to complete and click “Update.”
4. Restart your computer.
This will fix the VIDEO_TDR_ERROR caused by a system driver file. If you still encounter the blue screen error, try updating the driver manually by going into Device Manager and locating the graphics card module. If that doesn’t work, try other solutions mentioned in the article.
If you want to check the cause of the blue screen error, you can use tools like WhoCrashed or analyze the MEMORY.DMP file located in C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Remember, the Atikmpag.Sys Videoschedulerinternalerror is caused by corruption in the AMD graphics driver. This solution has worked for many users and can save you from experiencing the TDR failure multiple times.
Solution 2: Reinstall Drivers in Safe Mode
1. Restart your computer and press F8 to enter Safe Mode.
2. Go to the AMD website and download the latest driver for your graphics card.
3. Uninstall the old driver using Device Manager in Safe Mode.
4. Open Driver Easy and click on “Scan Now”.
5. Click on “Update” next to your graphics card driver to install the new driver.
6. Restart your computer and check if the problem is fixed.
If you are still experiencing issues, try updating your BIOS or performing a clean install of Windows 10. Remember to back up your files before performing any major changes to your system.
Solution 3: Replace Atikmpag.sys File Manually
To manually replace the Atikmpag.sys file, follow these steps:
1. Go to the website of the manufacturer of your graphics card, such as XFX.
2. Find and download the latest driver for your card.
3. Use File Explorer to navigate to the directory where the driver is located. For example, if you downloaded the driver to your Downloads folder, navigate to that folder.
4. Open the driver installation package and extract its contents to a new folder on your desktop.
5. Use File Explorer to navigate to C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository.
6. Find the folder that contains the driver you just downloaded and extracted. Copy the entire folder to C:\AMD.
7. Restart your computer.
This process should fix the VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE error caused by a driver issue with the Atikmpag.sys file. If you continue to experience the error, you may need to try other solutions or seek the assistance of other users or professionals.
Solution 4: Repair Registry Entries Associated with Windows
Repairing registry entries associated with Windows can fix the Atikmpag.Sys Videoschedulerinternalerror. To do this, follow these steps:
Step 1: Install Driver Easy. This program will scan your system and detect any outdated or corrupted drivers.
Step 2: Once Driver Easy has identified the problem drivers, update them using the instructions provided.
Step 3: If updating the drivers does not fix the issue, you will need to manually repair your registry.
Step 4: To do this, open the command prompt and type “sfc /scannow” to check for any system file errors.
Step 5: If any errors are found, type “dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth” to repair them.
Step 6: Navigate to C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository and delete any AMD driver folders.
Step 7: Reboot your system, and the issue should be resolved.
By following these instructions, you can fix the Atikmpag.Sys Videoschedulerinternalerror and prevent the Blue Screen of Death from appearing in the future.
Solution 5: Check for Hard Drive Corruption and Test Memory (RAM)
|Solution 5: Check for Hard Drive Corruption and Test Memory (RAM)|
|Step 1:||Open Command Prompt as Administrator|
|Step 2:||Type “chkdsk C: /f /r” and hit Enter|
|Step 3:||Press “Y” when prompted to schedule a disk check on next restart|
|Step 4:||Restart your computer and wait for the disk check to complete|
|Step 5:||Open Command Prompt as Administrator again|
|Step 6:||Type “sfc /scannow” and hit Enter|
|Step 7:||Wait for the System File Checker scan to complete|
|Step 8:||Open the Windows Memory Diagnostic by typing “mdsched.exe” in the Start menu search bar and hitting Enter|
|Step 9:||Select “Restart now and check for problems (recommended)”|
|Step 10:||Wait for your computer to restart and for the memory test to complete|
Solution 6: Clean Installation of Windows
If all the previous solutions have failed, a clean installation of Windows is the next step. This process involves wiping the hard drive and reinstalling the operating system from scratch.
Make sure to back up all important files before proceeding with a clean install.
To do this, follow these steps:
1. Insert the Windows installation media into your computer and restart it.
2. Boot from the installation media and follow the prompts to install Windows.
3. Once Windows is installed, download and install the latest drivers for your hardware, including the AMD graphics driver.
4. Run benchmarks to test the system’s stability and performance.
If the VIDEO_TDR_ERROR still occurs after a clean installation of Windows, it’s likely that there’s a hardware issue. Consider contacting a professional for assistance.