In this digital age, our photographs hold countless memories that we cherish dearly. But what happens when those precious pictures accidentally get deleted from Google Photos? Fear not, as we bring you a comprehensive guide on how to recover those lost moments and restore them to your digital album.
Recovering Deleted Photos from Google Photos on Computer
To recover deleted photos from Google Photos on your computer, follow these steps:
1. Open your preferred web browser and go to photos.google.com.
2. Sign in to your Google account if prompted.
3. On the left side of the page, click on the “Trash” folder.
4. Here, you’ll find all the photos that have been deleted from your Google Photos account.
5. Scroll through the list and locate the photos you want to recover.
6. Select the photos by clicking on the checkbox next to each one.
7. Once you’ve selected the desired photos, click on the “Restore” button at the top of the page.
8. The photos will be returned to their original location in your Google Photos library.
It’s important to note that photos are typically stored in the Trash folder for 60 days before being permanently deleted. So make sure to recover them within that time frame.
By following these steps, you can easily recover deleted photos from Google Photos on your computer.
Recovering Deleted Photos from Google Photos on Android/iOS
To recover deleted photos from Google Photos on Android or iOS, follow these steps:
1. Open the Google Photos app on your device.
2. Tap on the three-line menu icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
3. Select “Trash” from the menu options. This will show you all the photos and videos that have been deleted from your Google Photos library.
4. Browse through the deleted items and locate the photos you want to recover.
5. Tap on the photo you want to restore, then tap on the three-dot menu icon in the top-right corner.
6. From the menu options, select “Restore” to recover the photo and return it to your Google Photos library.
7. Repeat this process for any other photos you want to recover.
Remember, Google Photos keeps deleted items in the Trash folder for 60 days before permanently deleting them. So it’s important to act quickly if you want to recover your photos.
Restoring Permanently Deleted Photos from Google Photos
Restoring permanently deleted photos from Google Photos is possible with a few simple steps. First, open your web browser and navigate to photos.google.com. Sign in to your Google account, and then click on the “Trash” option located on the left-hand side menu. This will display all the photos that have been deleted and are still recoverable.
To recover a deleted photo, select the photo and click on the “Restore” button. The photo will be returned to its original location within your Google Photos library.
If you are unable to find the deleted photo in the “Trash” section, it may have been permanently deleted. However, there is still a chance of recovering it using data recovery software.
For this, you will need to download and install a reliable data recovery software on your device. Once installed, follow the software’s instructions to scan your device and recover the deleted photos.
Remember to regularly back up your photos to avoid permanent loss.
from google.oauth2 import service_account
# Set up authentication using your service account credentials
credentials = service_account.Credentials.from_service_account_file('path/to/credentials.json')
scoped_credentials = credentials.with_scopes(['https://www.googleapis.com/auth/photoslibrary'])
# Create a client using the authenticated credentials
service = googleapiclient.discovery.build('photoslibrary', 'v1', credentials=scoped_credentials)
# Call the API to retrieve a list of photos
response = service.mediaItems().list().execute()
photos = response.get('mediaItems', )
# Print the list of photo URLs
for photo in photos:
if __name__ == '__main__':
Please note that to run this code, you need to have the `google-auth`, `google-auth-oauthlib`, and `google-api-python-client` libraries installed. You will also need to replace `’path/to/credentials.json’` with the actual path to your service account credentials JSON file.
Remember, this code only demonstrates how to list photos using the Google Photos API and does not include any functionality for deleting pictures.
Using InClowdz to Manage Google Photos
To recover deleted pictures from Google Photos, follow these steps:
1. Open InClowdz and sign in with your Google account.
2. Go to the “Sync” tab and select “Google Photos” as the source and destination.
3. Click on “Sync Now” to start the synchronization process.
4. Once the sync is complete, go to the “Files” tab and click on “Google Photos” to access your synced photos.
5. In the “Google Photos” section, you will find all your gallery photos and albums.
6. To recover a deleted picture, select the desired album or the “Trash” folder.
7. Locate the deleted picture and right-click on it.
8. Choose the “Restore” option to recover the picture back to your Google Photos library.
With InClowdz, managing and recovering your Google Photos is a breeze. Start using it today to ensure that your precious memories are always protected and easily accessible.
Recovering Deleted Photos from Google Photos After 60 Days
Recovering deleted photos from Google Photos after 60 days is possible using a few simple steps. First, open Google Photos on your device. Then, tap on the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner to open the menu. From the menu, select “Trash.” In the Trash folder, you will find all the photos that have been deleted within the past 60 days. To recover a specific photo, tap on it and select the “Restore” option. This will return the photo to your main Google Photos library. If you want to recover multiple photos, tap on the three dots in the top-right corner and choose “Select” to choose multiple photos to restore. Remember to check your Trash folder periodically, as deleted photos are permanently removed after 60 days.
Recovering Permanently Deleted Files from Google Photos Trash
Recovering permanently deleted files from Google Photos Trash is possible if you act quickly. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Open Google Photos on your device.
2. Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top left corner to access the menu.
3. Select “Trash” from the menu options.
4. Browse through the deleted files and locate the pictures you want to recover.
5. Tap on the desired picture and select the “Restore” option.
6. The picture will be immediately restored to your Google Photos gallery.
Remember, the Trash folder only retains deleted files for 60 days. So, it’s essential to act promptly to recover your pictures. Additionally, this process can also be applied to recover deleted videos.
By following these simple steps, you can easily recover your permanently deleted files from Google Photos and restore your cherished memories.
Recovering Deleted Photos from Google Photos with Android Data Recovery Software
If you have accidentally deleted photos from Google Photos on your Android device, you can use Android Data Recovery software to recover them. Follow these steps:
1. Connect your Android device to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Launch the Android Data Recovery software.
3. Select the “Recover Deleted Photos” option from the main interface.
4. The software will scan your device for deleted photos.
5. Once the scan is complete, you’ll be able to preview the recovered photos.
6. Select the photos you want to recover and click on the “Recover” button.
7. Choose a location on your computer to save the recovered photos.
Remember to avoid using your device or taking new photos until the recovery process is complete to maximize the chances of successful recovery.
Note: This method works for recovering deleted photos from Google Photos on Android devices. It may not work for other platforms or situations.
Frequently Asked Questions about Lost Pictures on Google Photos
- What happens when I delete pictures from Google Photos? When you delete pictures from Google Photos, they are moved to the Trash folder where they stay for 60 days before being permanently deleted.
- Can I recover deleted pictures from Google Photos? Yes, you can recover deleted pictures from Google Photos as long as they are still in the Trash folder. Once deleted from the Trash folder, they cannot be recovered.
- How do I access the Trash folder in Google Photos? To access the Trash folder in Google Photos, open the app or website, tap on the menu icon, select “Trash,” and browse through the deleted pictures.
- Is there a way to restore all the pictures I deleted at once? Yes, you can restore all the pictures you deleted at once from the Trash folder by selecting the “Restore all” option. This will move all the deleted pictures back to your main Google Photos library.
- What if I accidentally deleted pictures from the Trash folder? Unfortunately, if you accidentally delete pictures from the Trash folder, they cannot be recovered. Make sure to double-check before permanently deleting any pictures.
- Can I recover pictures that were deleted a long time ago? No, once pictures are permanently deleted from the Trash folder, they cannot be recovered. It is important to act promptly if you want to recover deleted pictures.
- Are there any third-party tools available to recover deleted pictures from Google Photos? Yes, there are third-party tools available that claim to recover deleted pictures from Google Photos. However, we recommend being cautious when using such tools and thoroughly researching their credibility.