Have you ever forgotten your Folder Lock 7 master password? Don’t worry, it’s a common problem. In this article, we will show you how to unlock and recover your forgotten Folder Lock 7 master password.
Unlocking a Password Protected Folder in Windows 10
To unlock a password-protected folder in Windows 10, you need to recover the forgotten Folder Lock 7 master password. First, download and install Anvi Folder Locker. Open the program, and click on “Unlock” in the top right corner. Select the folder you want to unlock and click “OK.”
Enter the wrong password three times and then click on “Forgot Password?”
You will be redirected to a webpage where you can enter your registered email address and request a password reset. Once you receive the recovery code, enter it into Anvi Folder Locker and reset your password.
If you want to uninstall Folder Lock, open the program and click on “Uninstall” in the top right corner. To recover files from an encrypted folder without a password, use a batch file to decrypt the files.
Methods to Unlock Folders and Files When Folder Lock Master Password is Forgotten
- Open Folder Lock
- Click on “Forgot Password” button
- Enter the registered email address
- Check email for instructions on how to reset the password
Method 2: Using Master Key File
- Locate the Master.key file in the Folder Lock installation directory
- Double-click to open the file
- Enter the password to unlock the file
- Copy the Master Key
- Open Folder Lock and click on “Enter Master Key”
- Paste the copied Master Key
- Click on “Unlock”
Method 3: Using Windows Safe Mode
- Restart the computer and press F8 before the Windows logo appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”
- Enter the default Administrator password
- Type “net user administrator /active:yes” and press Enter
- Type “exit” and press Enter
- Restart the computer and log in as Administrator
- Navigate to the Folder Lock installation directory
- Delete the “win_en” folder
- Restart the computer in normal mode and open Folder Lock
- The Master Password should now be reset to default
Using the Folder Lock Serial Key as Password to Unlock Folders/Files
- Open Folder Lock and select the folder/file you want to unlock
- Click on the “Lock” button
- Enter any random password and click “OK”
- Click on the “Serial Key” button
- Copy the serial key
- Go back to the locked folder/file and click on the “Unlock” button
- Paste the serial key as the password
- Click “OK”
- The folder/file should now be unlocked
Removing Password from Locked Files by Uninstalling Folder Lock
To remove a password from locked files in Folder Lock, uninstall the software. This will allow you to access your files without a password. To do this, go to the Control Panel and select “Programs and Features.” Find Folder Lock in the list and click “Uninstall.” Follow the prompts to complete the process. Once Folder Lock is removed, you can access your files without a password. If you need to recover files that were locked in Folder Lock, you can use a batch file to decrypt them. This will require knowledge of the encryption used by Folder Lock.
Stopping Folder Lock Password Protection
To stop Folder Lock password protection, follow these steps:
1. Open the Folder Lock software.
2. Click on the ‘Options’ button on the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Click on the ‘Uninstall Protection’ tab.
4. Click on the ‘Stop Protection’ button.
5. Enter your Folder Lock password to confirm.
Your Folder Lock password protection will be stopped and you will be able to access your locked files without entering a password. If you have forgotten your Folder Lock 7 Master Password, you can unlock and recover it using the methods outlined in the article. Remember to always secure your folders with a password to prevent unauthorized access and protect your sensitive information.
Recovering Lost Files After Removing Folder Lock Password
If you’ve lost access to files because you forgot your Folder Lock 7 Master Password, don’t worry. There are a few steps you can take to recover lost files.
First, uninstall Folder Lock from your computer. Once you’ve done that, download and install the program again. This time, do not set a new password.
Next, open Folder Lock and you should see all of your locked files and folders. Right-click on the folder you want to unlock and select “Unlock”.
If you’ve tried this and it still isn’t working, you can try restoring your files from a backup. If you don’t have a backup, you may need to use a data recovery program to retrieve your lost files.
In the future, make sure you remember your Folder Lock password or consider using a different password protection software that allows for password recovery.
Reliable Data Recovery Software for Folder Lock
|Stellar Data Recovery||$79.99||Recovers data from locked Folder Lock folders, multiple scanning modes, preview of recoverable files|
|Wondershare Recoverit||$79.95||Recovers data from locked Folder Lock folders, deep scan mode, preview of recoverable files, easy-to-use interface|
|Recuva||Free||Recovers data from locked Folder Lock folders, quick scan mode, preview of recoverable files, simple and user-friendly interface|
|Data Rescue 5||$99.00||Recovers data from locked Folder Lock folders, deep scan mode, preview of recoverable files, supports various file formats|
|EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard||$69.95||Recovers data from locked Folder Lock folders, quick and deep scan modes, preview of recoverable files, supports various file formats|
FAQs: Folder Lock Forgot Password and Anvi Folder Locker
- Open the Folder Lock software
- Click on the “Forgot Password” button
- Select the “I forgot my master password” option
- Enter the registered email address and click on “Retrieve Password”
- Check the registered email address for the password recovery link
- Click on the link and set a new password
Repair Steps for Anvi Folder Locker:
- Download and install Anvi Folder Locker Password Recovery software
- Launch the software and click on the “Recover Password” button
- Select the locked folder and click on “Next”
- Choose the recovery mode and click on “Next”
- Wait for the password to be recovered
- Use the recovered password to unlock the folder